Pre-school is an early childhood program for children in the years before a child commences school. It is combined learning with recreation activity. Children are usually aged between 3 to 5 years old to be accepted.
Nursery 1 - Should be at least 3 years old.
Nursery 2 - Should be at least 4 years old.
Kindergarten - Should be at least 5 years old.
The Pre-school specifically aims to:
- Offer enjoyable experiences that will help him create positive self-image and awareness that he is created in the image and likeness of God, our loving Father,
- Provide opportunities for the child to interact harmoniously with others,
- Encourage creativity through varied activities and experiences in school and at home,
- Implant in the child sense of values and attitudes which will make him live truly Christian life,
- Maximize the acquisition of skills for thinking independently and reflectively in accordance with his phase of development,
- Create an environment that enhances the maximum development of his senses,
- Develop motor coordination and form desirable health habits through a well-rounded physical fitness program, and
- Instill a deeper awareness of self-knowledge through closer guidance and supervision of both teachers and parents.
Elementary is the first start of education for younger children age from 6 to 12 years old. It is also called Primary School which focuses on basic academic learning and socialization.
Grade 1 to Grade 6 - Age requirements for Grade 1 should be 5 years old in June of the current school year.
The grade school aims to:
- Inculcate in their minds moral and Christian values for them to accept and thus, live in the truth and principle of an abiding faith in God,
- Train them in using time wisely, at home and in community,
- Develop intellectual growth, emotional stability, and vocational efficiency,
- Enhance their curiosity' and sensitivity to the changing' environment through experimentation and discovery thus, developing a scientific mind and a healthy body,
- Develop good physical and physiological health through a well-balanced sports and activity program.
High School is where specifically prepared students for studying at the college or university. Students are usually 15 to 16 years of age.
Grade 7 to Grade 10
The high school education aims to:
- Develop in the student’s intellectual and technological skills, potentials, habits and 'values necessary' to help them become critical, creative thinkers to face the challenge of life,
- Assist the students to become mature and self-disciplined individuals through different activities and learning situations, thus making them responsible citizens,
- Develop students' creativity and include in the good values acceptable in society,
- Promote good physical and physiological health habits through well-balanced sports and activity programs, and
- Provide religious formation to deepen their faith and to bring their religious sentiments to maturity.
Senior High School refers to Grade 11 and 12. This is the last two years of K to 12 Program. Students begin to study in SHS the subjects that will introduce them to their preferred career path. Below are the Strands offered by VSJA.
AVAILABLE STRANDS FOR SENIOR HIGH
ABM - Accountancy, Business and Management
STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
GAS - General Academic Strand